The process to sign in to Hotmail is very simple. You can get access to your Hotmail inbox in a matter of minutes.
- Visit the mail.live.com or hotmail.com or outlook.com home page from your preferred web browser. You can access the Hotmail domain from any of these domains.
- You will be led to the sign in page of outlook.com.
- In the Windows Live Hotmail page, you will see two sections on the screen. The right hand side is where you need to enter your credentials if you already have a Hotmail account. If you do not have one, you should move on to the left hand side to sign up for a new Hotmail account.
If you want to use Hotmail, the email service from Microsoft then you needs to know the procedure to sign up to enjoy the Hotmail service. Hotmail has been rebranded as Outlook.com and hence you will be directed to the interface of Outlook.com, even if you try to sign up using the Hotmail website. The process involves filling the registration form with required personal data and choosing a username and password for your Hotmail account. You can complete the process of signing up by providing proof for you are a human and not a robot. Hotmail has a simple interface and a solid security system, abundant choices for customizing your account. Here is the sign up guide for Hotmail.
Keeping Hotmail safe
There are many tips and tricks that you might not be aware of that will help in keeping your Hotmail account secure from hackers. Following these tips and tricks will help you in many ways to keep your account from being hacked.
- If you are using the Hotmail email service in public places like cafes, schools, etc. or if you are using a computer that you share with others, then it is vital that you activate the singe use code option offered by Hotmail. By activating this option for your account, you will be getting a code sent to your mobile phone every time you attempt to make a Hotmail sign in. You have to use this code instead of the password to log in to your account. Access to the inbox will only be allowed if sign into the account is made using this single-use code.
- It is important that you type the URL of the Hotmail website www.hotmail.com whenever you want to sign into your account. It is important that you do not click any of the links from newsletters or emails that you receive in your inbox to access your account. These might be the work of hackers trying to get access to your account credentials.
Steps involved in Hotmail account creation
- Open your favorite internet browser and type www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com in the address bar.
- You will be taken to the Outlook.com official sign in page. You need to look for the “Sign Up Now” option and then click on it.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft One Account creation page.
- Here, you will come across the Hotmail account creation form.
- The first thing on the form is the space to fill your name. Make sure you enter your first and the last name in the appropriate type boxes.
Benefits of Gmail
- Gmail offers a user friendly interface to compose and read messages.
- You can create customized labels you want in Gmail and there are no restrictions on the number of labels you can create.
- You can import contacts to Gmail from any email account you have.
- There are mail filters to prevent mails from specific domains or senders.
- Gmail offers a chat function through Google Talk, where you can chat with online contacts through text, audio or video.
- Option to classify the mails you receive on its priority or importance.
Hotmail inbox login methods
There are many ways to login to the inbox of your Hotmail account. You can use the MSN website, Livemail domain, Hotmail domain or outlook.com to login to your inbox. The sign in process for all these methods are the same.
- Visit any of the above domains and look for the “sign in” link. This link will be usually present on the upper right hand section of the webpage. The position may change in different domains.
- You can use your Hotmail account details such as the username and password to log in to the e-mail.
- Once you enter the log in details in the respective areas in the webpage, you will be directed to the inbox of the domain you are using.
- Once you perform inbox login, you can use the account just like you use your Hotmail account.
Many people doubt that the log in process of Hotmail has changed once they get redirected to the outlook.com instead of reaching Hotmail.com to access their e-mails. Though there are changes in the page layout and the interface used Outlook mail service needs the same login details as that you have been using for Hotmail. All the Hotmail accounts have become part of the Outlook.com domain and hence you will be directed to Outlook.com if try to access a Hotmail account.
Accessing personal e-mail using Hotmail account
- To access the Hotmail account, you need to go to the official website of outlook.com and enter your email address and password for the Hotmail account in the box provided to sign in to the account.
- If you do not want to enter your username and password every time, you want to use the email service, you can select the option “keep me signed in” and click on the sign in button. This will help you to enter your email account directly by clicking the “sign in” box.
Though accessing the email account when you know your username and password is easy, people sometimes forget their Hotmail or outlook account password and are unable to access the mails.
Today, Hotmail users are getting used to a new way of logging into their age old Hotmail account. Many Hotmail users are continuing from the start of the new millennium as this is one of the oldest and still popular email services around. Launched at a time when web based email services were a novelty, today Hotmail is still popular with the several changes that Microsoft has brought about in it.
For those who are signing into their Hotmail account, they will find a few surprises waiting in store. When they wish to log into their email account, they will be redirected to the outlook domain. This is the new domain where Microsoft has moved all the existing accounts of Hotmail. The Hotmail email service has been integrated with Outlook. While the downside is that Hotmail has lost its separate identity, the good news is that, the existing Hotmail users can still use their accounts and avail of the new and powerful features that have been introduced as part of the Outlook service.
- The first point to notice is the fast speed of the email service. With the new web domain, www.hotmail.com users will be able to log into their account faster and access their emails on the go with the integrated mobile applications.
- One can get a new Outlook email address as well along with keeping the existing Hotmail address with all mails coming into the inbox.
- With Outlook domain, Microsoft has launched integrated mobile apps for Windows, Android And Apple devices. As a result, Hotmail users can access their emails on the go through different mobile devices.
- The login process remains the same, but has been made more secure through the enhanced verification process. You need to register your phone number and another email address. A security pin code is sent to the alternate email address or your registered phone in case one has problems login hotmail. This process allows one to change their password click here and login in securely.
- The Hotmail accounts are automatically upgraded with the features that have been introduced for the Outlook domain. As a result, one can get a fifteen GB of online storage at One Drive as well as other enhanced features for the use of the existing email users.
Hotmail.com Sign up is the oldest web based email service provider in the world. It was however acquired by Microsoft Corporation after their popularity went down. The name was later changed from Hotmail to Outlook.com to symbolize the acquisition. Microsoft has added many features since then to attract more customers. Most of the email service providers have a limit to the size of files you can share. With Hotmail, you can share large files with SkyDrive. You can easily chat with your friends on Skype using Hotmail even if they are not logged in to Skype. Chatting and having discussion is also very easy with Hotmail. To access these features, you will be required to log in to your account.
You will have to launch the browser and open the Sign in Hotmail home page. You will be directed to the hotmail.com login page. You will use your old hotmail log in details. Enter your email address and your password then click sign in. You may check the ‘keep me signed in’ button if you are using your own P.C. This will allow you to access your email account automatically without logging in.
In an event you have forgotten your password; you can change it very easily:
- Click on the ‘I can’t access my account’ tab.
- You will be directed to the new page where you will be prompted to indicate the reason. Click on ‘I forgot my password’. Click next
- You will be directed to a new page. Enter your Hotmail account.
- Enter the characters provided and click on next.
- Follow the instructions given.
It is important for you to protect your account. If you are using a shared computer, you will have an option to sign in using the ‘sign in using a single code’. You will be directed here to a new page. Enter your email address and your phone number starting with the code. Click on ‘text me the code’. If you already have a code click on ‘already have a code’. Every time you sign in using a shared computer, you will be required to request a code. One thing you have to know is that the code can only be used once. It will be valid for only fifteen minutes. After the minutes are over, you will be required to request a new code. There is however, a limit to the number of codes you can use to log in.
Hotmail is a website which is used for communication purpose via E-mailing. The features available in Hotmail are more than E-mailing though. You can keep your contacts save and can also connect your Hotmail ID with Skype, Gmail and other services you may want to link with your Hotmail account. The purpose of linking these accounts with Hotmail is to enable you for having a quick sign in hotmail without opening individual websites.
The easy steps mentioned below will help you to Hotmail login.
1. Open your internet browser.
2. After opening internet browser for example, Mozilla Firefox, click on address box. Address bar is placed at the top of browser.
3. After you clicked on the address bar type Hotmail.com Sign up and press enter.
4. Click the Sign-In button available at the right hand side of the website.
5. Now in the above box you have to enter your email address.
6. In the below box you have to put your password.
7. Since password is case sensitive, sometimes users forget to turn off the Caps Lock key. If your password is in small letters then you must first turn off caps lock key. Vice versa if your password contains capital letters.
However, you can also use your Hotmail ID to login at Skype and outlook too. As far as Email choice is concerned it all depends upon you. You can choose a very catchy name or you can also make a business email for example: email@example.com
For best results always keep your account up-to-date. You can also set your filters and can make new folders. For example, if you want to have your CVs in different folder outside of Inbox then you can make a new folder wherein you can drag your E-Mail and place it in your CV folder. You can make new folder by simply clicking ‘New Folder’ link available at the left hand side of your Hotmail sign in page.
Also make it routine to keep your password changing after some interval. Because keeping one password for the longer period will be easier for the hackers to hack in. And also make sure that you don’t keep one password for the all websites.
Make sure you have given right email address and password. Sometimes in haste we input wrong email address due to human error and in haste. Once you are sure that you have given right email address and password hit ‘Sign in’ button.
Congratulations! You have create hotmail account and signed in successfully.