Today, Hotmail users are getting used to a new way of logging into their age old Hotmail account. Many Hotmail users are continuing from the start of the new millennium as this is one of the oldest and still popular email services around. Launched at a time when web based email services were a novelty, today Hotmail is still popular with the several changes that Microsoft has brought about in it.
For those who are signing into their Hotmail account, they will find a few surprises waiting in store. When they wish to log into their email account, they will be redirected to the outlook domain. This is the new domain where Microsoft has moved all the existing accounts of Hotmail. The Hotmail email service has been integrated with Outlook. While the downside is that Hotmail has lost its separate identity, the good news is that, the existing Hotmail users can still use their accounts and avail of the new and powerful features that have been introduced as part of the Outlook service.
- The first point to notice is the fast speed of the email service. With the new web domain, www.hotmail.com users will be able to log into their account faster and access their emails on the go with the integrated mobile applications.
- One can get a new Outlook email address as well along with keeping the existing Hotmail address with all mails coming into the inbox.
- With Outlook domain, Microsoft has launched integrated mobile apps for Windows, Android And Apple devices. As a result, Hotmail users can access their emails on the go through different mobile devices.
- The login process remains the same, but has been made more secure through the enhanced verification process. You need to register your phone number and another email address. A security pin code is sent to the alternate email address or your registered phone in case one has problems login hotmail. This process allows one to change their password click here and login in securely.
- The Hotmail accounts are automatically upgraded with the features that have been introduced for the Outlook domain. As a result, one can get a fifteen GB of online storage at One Drive as well as other enhanced features for the use of the existing email users.
Hotmail.com Sign up is the oldest web based email service provider in the world. It was however acquired by Microsoft Corporation after their popularity went down. The name was later changed from Hotmail to Outlook.com to symbolize the acquisition. Microsoft has added many features since then to attract more customers. Most of the email service providers have a limit to the size of files you can share. With Hotmail, you can share large files with SkyDrive. You can easily chat with your friends on Skype using Hotmail even if they are not logged in to Skype. Chatting and having discussion is also very easy with Hotmail. To access these features, you will be required to log in to your account.
You will have to launch the browser and open the Sign in Hotmail home page. You will be directed to the hotmail.com login page. You will use your old hotmail log in details. Enter your email address and your password then click sign in. You may check the ‘keep me signed in’ button if you are using your own P.C. This will allow you to access your email account automatically without logging in.
In an event you have forgotten your password; you can change it very easily:
- Click on the ‘I can’t access my account’ tab.
- You will be directed to the new page where you will be prompted to indicate the reason. Click on ‘I forgot my password’. Click next
- You will be directed to a new page. Enter your Hotmail account.
- Enter the characters provided and click on next.
- Follow the instructions given.
It is important for you to protect your account. If you are using a shared computer, you will have an option to sign in using the ‘sign in using a single code’. You will be directed here to a new page. Enter your email address and your phone number starting with the code. Click on ‘text me the code’. If you already have a code click on ‘already have a code’. Every time you sign in using a shared computer, you will be required to request a code. One thing you have to know is that the code can only be used once. It will be valid for only fifteen minutes. After the minutes are over, you will be required to request a new code. There is however, a limit to the number of codes you can use to log in.
Hotmail is a website which is used for communication purpose via E-mailing. The features available in Hotmail are more than E-mailing though. You can keep your contacts save and can also connect your Hotmail ID with Skype, Gmail and other services you may want to link with your Hotmail account. The purpose of linking these accounts with Hotmail is to enable you for having a quick sign in hotmail without opening individual websites.
The easy steps mentioned below will help you to Hotmail login.
1. Open your internet browser.
2. After opening internet browser for example, Mozilla Firefox, click on address box. Address bar is placed at the top of browser.
3. After you clicked on the address bar type Hotmail.com Sign up and press enter.
4. Click the Sign-In button available at the right hand side of the website.
5. Now in the above box you have to enter your email address.
6. In the below box you have to put your password.
7. Since password is case sensitive, sometimes users forget to turn off the Caps Lock key. If your password is in small letters then you must first turn off caps lock key. Vice versa if your password contains capital letters.
However, you can also use your Hotmail ID to login at Skype and outlook too. As far as Email choice is concerned it all depends upon you. You can choose a very catchy name or you can also make a business email for example: firstname.lastname@example.org
For best results always keep your account up-to-date. You can also set your filters and can make new folders. For example, if you want to have your CVs in different folder outside of Inbox then you can make a new folder wherein you can drag your E-Mail and place it in your CV folder. You can make new folder by simply clicking ‘New Folder’ link available at the left hand side of your Hotmail sign in page.
Also make it routine to keep your password changing after some interval. Because keeping one password for the longer period will be easier for the hackers to hack in. And also make sure that you don’t keep one password for the all websites.
Make sure you have given right email address and password. Sometimes in haste we input wrong email address due to human error and in haste. Once you are sure that you have given right email address and password hit ‘Sign in’ button.
Congratulations! You have create hotmail account and signed in successfully.
Microsoft Hotmail is one of the first web based email service providers in the world. After enjoying a monopoly business for years, it faced great competition from other providers. This led to the decrease in the number of people using Hotmail. Later it was purchased by Microsoft and the name was changed from Hotmail to Outlook.com. You can access the hotmail account via the outlook website.
There have been many features added since it was established. Hotmail has increased the size of files you can share. You can view and edit your documents online without downloading them. Sharing and viewing images is also very easy. Unlike other email service providers, you can view slideshows even if you don’t have Microsoft office installed on your computer. There are many more features that you can enjoy. You will however be required to have an account.
The process of create hotmail account is very easy. The first step is launching the browser and opening the official Hotmail website. You will be directed to the Outllok.com home page. Click on ‘sign up now’ that is located at the bottom of the page, the sign up page will open: enter your personal details staring with your names, you will be required to choose your username, this will double up as the email address. Since you are opening a Hotmail.com account, you will be required to choose ‘hotmail’.
Create your password. A password should be up to 8 characters and it should contain both alphabetic and numeric characters, re-enter your password and choose your country of residence, enter your postal code, specify your date of birth and gender, you will be required to enter your phone number starting with your country code, this number will be used for security reasons, you will also be required to enter an alternative email address, enter the characters given in the spaces provided, you will be prompted to subscribe to the promotional messages from Microsoft. Uncheck the button if you are not interested then click on ‘create and account’.
Verifying your account will be the next step. You will not be able to use the account unless you verify.
- Once you sign up hotmail, you will receive an automated email from Microsoft.
- Click on the link provided; you will be directed to a new page.
- Enter the random characters displayed on the page.
- Your account will now be able to use the account.
Hotmail is a web service which we use for having an E-mailing account. However, with the pace of time www.hotmail.com has grown up from being merely an E-Mail ID to a large platform of Social networking tool. Now you can chat with your friends from your E-Mail account.
The process of opening an account or sign up Hotmail is very simple.
- Type Hotmail.com in the address bar of your internet browser.
- Right under the Email address and Password Button. You will find a line written [Don't have a Microsoft account? Sign up now]
- Place your mouse over the Sign up word and click it.
- When you will click the Sign up button, registration form will be loaded.
- Enter your particulars in the boxes. Information required is your first name, second name and last name. Choose your Email ID and check whether it is available.
- Give password. Please keep in mind that password should be strong. For making a password strong you should use Capital letters, small letters, numeric keys and symbols. For example N3y0rK! The reason for having strong password is that strong passwords are hard to hack.
- Now that you have filled whole the form now click Sign Up button.
- You will receive confirmation message on the screen now.
Please be very delicate in making a choice for having an Email address since it’s your virtual identity, make sure that you have a decent email address which is memorable and also leaves a good impression over the other people with whom you are sharing your email address. Good email address leaves a good impression with potential employers as well.
However, the final decision to have an email ID name rests with you so it is advisable that you put a considerable time to think what it should be, you can choose a very catchy name or you can also make a business email for example email@example.com
You can also link Skype with your Hotmail account and can chat with your Skype family members and friends just by onlining at Hotmail ID. Hence there are numerous benefits for opening a Hotmail ID. You may also consider having Hotmail ID for connecting it with other accounts, you may also keep your data saved by saving it on Sky Drive. Sky Drive is like a hard disk of your PC. But there is more to Sky Drive than your hard disk. By keeping your official files, picture you can access them from any part of the world.
If and if only you would have had to use Windows Hotmail password more than often. Your internet browser and Hotmail will always take care of that, notwithstanding, remembering the arcane mixture of numbers and digits and symbols on your behalf. But here the situation is totally different. Now, you find yourself in a different horizon outside your country in front of a new computer with a browser that has not any slightest idea of your Hotmail password. Of course, it occurs to everybody, you’d have worry about if it knew your password.
But trying to get into your account without a password is worrisome and impossible too. Luckily, Windows Hotmail Password Recovery can surely help. Going through a process of recovery, it will allow you to retrieve your password instantly. Just make sure you remember the secret answer before you reach home. To reset your Windows Live Hotmail password and create a new when you have forgotten your old:
1. Navigate to the Windows Hotmail password page.
2. Make sure you have selected ‘I forgot my password’ under the title ‘What problem are you having signing in’?
3. Click the Reset your password option.
4. Now, please type your Hotmail Login address beneath Windows Hotmail ID.
5. Now enter the characters given in Captcha format. These are random alpha numeric number which you see in a picture type box.
If you can’t recognize fonts then select I can’t see this image. You will hear the voice spelling the characters. After inputting the code click Next button. If you have already provided an alternate email address during your signing up with hotmail Account then make sure that ‘Email me a resent link’ is selected by you under ‘Select an option for resetting your password and click Next to continue’. Now Click ‘Next’ button again. Now you will receive an email on your alternate ID. The subject will be Reset Your Password. Now click the link given in the email for recovery of your password. If you had set up a security question with a secret answer then make sure that Security Question is selected under the options for resetting your password. Now, type the correct answer to the question. Now, click ‘Next’. Now you will be asked for new password. After entering the new password also retype the password. After you have given the new password and retyped it click ‘Continue’. Your password has now been changed.
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager website powered by Microsoft. It is available for the common users of Microsoft office suite. Nowadays, current version that is being used is Microsoft Office outlook 2013 for Microsoft Windows and for Mac the current version which is being used is Microsoft Outlook 2011.
However, Microsoft Outlook is often used as Email Application; it also has a calendar to manage the daily activities, to do and setting alarms. It also has features like Contact Manager, Note Taking and it also has a journal including web browsing facility.
Microsoft Outlook is used as a standalone application or it can also work with MS Exchange server and Microsoft SharePoint server simultaneously.
If you’re one of the over 300 million people who use Hotmail as their sole email account then you’ve probably noticed massive changes happening in Hotmail account. Microsoft has recently updated its most popular webmail to a brand new interface by adding Outlook.com. While there’s nothing rudimental different about the manner you will use Outlook.com i.e. to send and receive emails. Still, the transition has been difficult and a reason of panic for many of the users who were only using Hotmail.com and were not familiar with Outlook.com.
The incorporation of Outlook.com has brought a number of changes in Hotmail.com. The modern user interface can prove difficult to gather exactly what to click and not to click. Formerly known as Contacts have now been moved to ‘People’. To add injury to the wounds, some old features may at front appear to be missing- like they never existed.
If you’re coping with these new changes in Hotmail.com sign up account, do one thing- don’t panic at all. In numerous ways Hotmail.com vs Outlook 2014 is way more powerful than the old Hotmail.com, but it will take longer period to adjust itself.
With the pace of time you will see that you are now more at ease with using Hotmail which has now been incorporated with Outlook.com. It will even get better in coming day.
The addition of sky drive and availability of more space to keep your favorite picture, documents saved in your hotmail sign in account is very important facility that hotmail is now giving. Probably it is the competitor’s pressure on hotmail which has forced Hotmail.com to add such features which its rival Google.com is already given to its valuable customers.